The end of pregnancy

Hugely pregnant, I am bowled over by this heat wave. Baby may come any day, but hopefully the two small window ACs we ordered will come first...
Yes, for the first time in my life, I have broken down and voluntarily chosen air conditioning. Our bedrooms are in the hundreds every night, and I don't want to have a sweaty toddler and a sweaty newborn in bed with me.
We looked at portable ACs, aka swamp coolers, but decided against them, as they seemed to have similar energy efficiency ratings (EERs), and only lower the temp by 10 degrees or so-- not enough today!
I found a website giving the EER of hundreds of window ACs, and was fairly overwhelmed: they were listed alphabetically, of all things.

Comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Popular posts from this blog

What comes next?

Women in abstraction: a century and a half of female artists at the Centre Pompidou

Me editing me via ChatGPT