Progress by the milliseconds


Summer in Rhode Island is pretty wonderful. It's hot, but not unbearable, and Laurent's garden is extremely bountiful this year. We swim in the neighbor's pool, then spend the rest of the evening eating the blueberries and raspberries, red and black, and snap peas and green beans...

I am finally nearing the end of the animation I am working on for my friend, Camille Collins Lovell, to accompany one of the songs she recently recorded. It is an experiment, and I am enjoying it. I'm still learning about creating animations that are instigated by sound, and have not perfected the art. I'm layering cutouts on cutouts. My friend Ean suggested that the fish need to change their behavior and size from time to time, so that is the next thing I'm working on.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts!

What Can I Say, version 5 from Julia Gandrud on Vimeo.

Comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Popular posts from this blog

What comes next?

Women in abstraction: a century and a half of female artists at the Centre Pompidou

Me editing me via ChatGPT