Tuesday, November 8, 2011
2. Probability and Statistics can be an interesting thing to study, but does not leave much time for anything else.
3. Mole rats live in massive colonies, like ants, and all have almost identical DNA, as well as a queen/breeder.
4. Much of maintaining good sibling relationships has to do with concealment of evidence.
5. Fleischer Brothers animated films are way more bizarre than anything contemporary I've seen.
6. Pregnant teens who dropped out of high school in the 70s could not get their GED before they were twenty.
7. A collection of starlings is called a murmuration, as shown in this lovely video example.
8. My favorite Tom Waits quote about having kids from an interview with Terry Gross: "You [don't have to parent like everyone else.] You can roll your own."