Hot landscape flashes

I'm having chemically induced hot flashes every time I have a hint of an emotion. Really, I am so glad this won't be going on for ten whole years, as it so often does... On the other hand, as the weather gets colder, it's kind of nice to feel the heat. Especially while painting outdoors.
 (September 21)

Laurent surprised me with a trip to Block Island for my birthday. It was too windy for lighthouse painting, but I did squat among some trees for the above sketch. Pretty sure I didn't get any ticks.

Below are some paintings from before and after the trip. I'm working on how I want to "talk" about the landscape, as maybe you can see.

 (September 19)

 (September 20)  (September 23)

Update: More playing with contours, today.

  (September 24)


Comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Popular posts from this blog

What comes next?

Me editing me via ChatGPT

Women in abstraction: a century and a half of female artists at the Centre Pompidou