The end of NaNoWriMo

In this last month of hasty writing, I learned that 2k words per day leaves no time for studying statistics. I also learned that I know nothing about character and plot development.

And, by accident, I learned that there is something called "fanfic," and that is is peopled by Mary Sues. They both sound like something I want nothing to do with but by which I am completely fascinated. A Mary Sue is a kind of superhero, written as an alter ego of the author, but in an already created science fiction world. So a writer rights her most bad ass self into her favorite shows or books. I love this idea. No desire to read it, but the thought is riveting. I spent a while wallowing in this weird world, instead of writing or studying. Can't even call it research.

Less riveting is the novella I completed. I finished about 10k short of the 50k goal. Now to make it readable...

Comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Popular posts from this blog

What comes next?

Women in abstraction: a century and a half of female artists at the Centre Pompidou

Me editing me via ChatGPT