Alice Coltrane makes the harp cool

 Happy New Year! And happy new viewing/listening recommendations...

I have to admit that the harp makes me nervous, in that it's too often twee and ethereal, and I don't really think Lucy needs either of those qualities, having both in excess already. But then my friend Anurag pointed us to Alice Coltrane. Lucy sat and watched the entire nine minute jazz solo on the harp. She seemed to get it.


And on other topics, I am feeling acquisitive. I want this painting of a girl with red, and this painting of a woman and a white wolf. Silly, since, I already have so many paintings lying around the house...

Comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Popular posts from this blog

What comes next?

Women in abstraction: a century and a half of female artists at the Centre Pompidou

NaNoWriMo and Escapist Literature