Spot the Chicken

We have chickens in our back yard. They are roaming free, though they aren't supposed to be. They're ours, sort of. Also sort of Laurent's coworker, so we are chicken hosts to their two, and we have two. One for each collective child. Lucy and Emile named theirs: Saphire and Chouchou.

I'm too tired to chase chickens all around the yard, back into their pen. I had a fun weekend.

I took part in the animation challenge by Zorobabel. You can see the results here.

We were called on to create 24 seconds in 24 hours, using a prompt of a bunch of geological and cloud shots they posted on their site.

I had the brilliant idea to use a paint on glass method, painting Emile in the clouds(ish). I should mention that I had never tried this method before. Paint on acetate, to be dried and scanned, yes. However, paint on glass, to be smoodged around and sculpted, no.

Next time I will try using vegetable oil instead of dish soap as the medium. What was I thinking, using something that dries?

24 hours easily became 36. So, yes, I cheated. And I slept. But I didn't wash or change clothes, or even eat, really, so I'm sure I made up for lost time.



I can't wait for next year's challenge.


Lyrics to the music on the animation:

Il pleut il mouille
C’est la fête à la grenouille
Il pleut il fait beau temps
C’est la fête du serpent

Il pleut, il mouille
C’est la fête à la grenouille
Il pleut il fait soleil
C ’est la fête à l’arc en ciel

Il pleut il mouille
C’est la fête à la grenouille
La grenouille a fait son nid
Dessous un grand parapluie.

Il pleut , il mouille
C’est la fête à la grenouille
Il pleut, il fait beau temps,
C’est la fête au paysan

Il pleut, il mouille
C ’est la fête à la grenouille
Il mouille, il pleut
C ’est la fête au poisson bleu

Comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Popular posts from this blog

What comes next?

Women in abstraction: a century and a half of female artists at the Centre Pompidou

NaNoWriMo and Escapist Literature