Home with the crickets

One child at camp, and one at school. It was a surprising morning, in that the house was quiet. I painted, in spite of the chemo and anti-nausea drug haze.


I have to admit that I was not feeling much fire in my belly as I painted today, but it was calming.

Emile, apparently, speaks way more English than we knew he did. He needed none of the translations from the cheat sheet his papa had made for the teacher. Hunh. Wonder what else we don't know...

Update: After noodling around all day, trying to decide whether it was better to sit, lie, or stand, I managed another painting. These quick paintings are very good at keeping my mind off things.



Comments

Subscribe

* indicates required

Popular posts from this blog

What comes next?

Women in abstraction: a century and a half of female artists at the Centre Pompidou

NaNoWriMo and Escapist Literature